Tuesday, June 17, 2008

An Eli

Kids just say the funniest things sometimes, and over the years I have really wished I had written down some of those cute, often obscure, and sometimes even spiritual comments. Nearly ten years into mothering, I suppose I'll begin to record a few! Last night, as I was saying goodnight to Eli, he remarked to me, "I'm glad God made an Eli for you." I'm very glad too, Eli, otherwise I wouldn't be able to experience this Eli:



Or "mean face" Eli (he was supposedly a fierce king):



Or wild and crazy Eli:



Or eager Eli ("Is it swimming time yet?"):



Or, finally, sweet little Eli, the one I've spoiled with endless kisses:



You'll never know how glad I am that God made an Eli just for me!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Don't forget the daredevil Eli! I loved watching his fearlessness at the pool the other day! (With the floaties, of course!)

Shannon said...

Come on already! We're ready for something new! ;)

Amelia said...

Oh, I love Eli to death. He's such an amazing kid.

The year and a half I spent playing with all of the kids every Wednesday were some of the best times I've ever had. It's kind of funny when four year olds become your best friends.